Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Johnny Storm M1A1 Tank

I got a 'Johnny Storm' diecast tank from eBay, very cheap, and absolutely the best 15mm M1A1 model out there I have seen. So here it is with a quick wash with GW Devlan Mud, followed by a drybrush with cheap artists acrylic cream. I reckon it looks the business.  So now I am looking for some others.

Johnny Storm, 15mm M1A1
I think, given how heavily it has been drybrushed, that it needs some stowage and scrim netting to look right...  time to get the green stuff putty out I think. Anyone got any good ideas for doing a scrim net in 15mm?  (I am thinking a bit of an old nylon rolled up with tea leaves glued to it..  )

2 comments:

  1. Kendo the Orgulus used tea leaves for his camo netting. See http://thecardinalspaintingblog.blogspot.com/search/label/WW%20II for two parts (part one is lower down the page) of the process he uses. Look at http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_euliCAYpkWM/S4sFVzc6UNI/AAAAAAAAAsI/j7qnwcr7fNI/s1600-h/BKUS103d.jpg for some vehicles with finished netting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thomo, I am thinking medical gauze, rolled and tied, then white glue and tea leaves.

    ReplyDelete