Thursday 27 October 2016

A Quick Nef - or 10.. later

Some time ago, I invested in the Imperial Skies Kickstarter, and as part of the package, picked up the French Fleet from Brigade.

Lovely Cast Iron, Steampunky Floating Dreadnoughty rules goodness, plus dice, markers.. I somehow managed to forget the new cast French Dreadnought.. but no matter.. on with the build!

Hannants helped out with a couple of these...  much drilling, wiring, glueing (and cursing at teeny tiny parts and tremulous tweezers) later... et Voila!

I also did some surgery like drilling out turrets to replace with open gun positions, adding crosspieces to masts, and so on. Scale is an issue... but whatever.

I also bought the deck cranes pack, plus the heavier than air aircraft from Brigade, added rails, cranes, boats, etc..  as clutter and brass are the essence of the period in my view.  Here's one example - ready for the paintshop.

Now it's time to get dramatic with the colours, after all, these are giant floating dreadnoughts, and as long as no-one sneaks up below them where there are no turrets, they rule the skies!

Starting to look the business I reckon.

Glamour shots of the Heavier than Air before decals are added.

The fleet in review.


One think I didn't buy was the French carrier, which to my mind wasn't impressive enough.. so - two cigars and some MDF later looked like this.

Add bits from a defunct USB key. a plastic kit mantlet, some sprue cutoffs, cranes, parts from the Tamiya detail kits, and two defunct Lithium CR2 batteries..

More USB parts, funnels from a pen, rear steering from MDF..   ready for paint.

In all her undercoated glory..  the 'Fraternite'..  ready for paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment