Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Discipline.. I'm all for it!

In other people of course. I have none. So the story goes like this. If you have been following the blog, you will have seen me start to put together some forces for the Too Fat Lardies Chain of Command (CoC).

All well and good, despite the fact I have acquired way more armour and softskins/support vehicles, than I am ever likely to need for CoC. I have actually quite enjoyed building, painting and weathering the kits, and I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.

But this morning I open my email, and there's Michael announcing that he has picked up a copy of Future War Commander (FWC) for $5 - and is anyone playing it...  so of course, I say yes..  I have 6mm Brigade Games South Africa Confederation, plus a Eurofed force as in the rule-book, (actually, the Eurofed force that WAS in the rule-book, it came up for sale ;-)

So then I think - hey - I have some Dark Realm Miniatures Pax Arcadia figs in the shed..  how hard could it be to get a battle-group of those painted up?

So here's to distractions...
The whole force, minus Infantry & Snipers, Command and Recce
Anti-Air- love the look of these guys

Heavy Artillery and Self-Propeled Anti-Tank 

Buggies - 2 kinds, and a wheeled APC
The whole lot based up, those are big suckers..  they are on 3cm x 3cm bases
When I ordered these (over three years ago) - I made sure I had enough to do a variety of force types, so there's everything from Buggies and Sniper units to massive heavy armour.

Now all I need to figure out is the colour scheme. I am thinking of a dirty white, with a single black-edged coloured stripe for the relevant arm of service. Should be quite quick to do...   thinking about basing I might go for either a very Martian red, or a frozen landscape... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment