Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

DBMM at Cancon 2012 - the preparation

So I have been playing DBMM at Cancon 2012. That's the largest wargames championship in Australia. It is held at Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC) every year, on the long weekend of Australia Day (26 January).

The Cancon pavilions are among the biggest indoor spaces in Australia, and most resemble air-conditioned aircraft hangars. (Yes, the a/c is an absolute necessity in January in Canberra, temperatures are not infrequently 40 degrees Celcius outside.)

I brought along my Ayyubid Egyptians, best known as the army of Salah al Din, (Saladin). I originally bought the Mirliton Miniatures DBA Army pack when they were having a sale (I also got their Pre Mongol Russians, but they are still hiding from the paint brush behind the cardboard wall of their box).

Having painted a DBA sized army, and been really pleased with the results, I tried borrowing the figures for an Ayyubid army for 'Wintercon 2011' and while they weren't that successful, I suspect that was the general's fault.


As usual then, I left everything to the last minute, and was still painting furiously at 2.15am on the Friday that was the first day. I gave up, and showed up - luckily - having put sand on the bases and added a load of banners, no-one really noticed that saddle-cloths and reins weren't finished.  So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment