Pages

Saturday 11 November 2017

Targe 2017

Apologies to all those waiting out there for the next exciting installment of my wargaming life.. what's that ? crickets?  Ok.

Well anyway, up to Kirriemuir today for a fun time, on the Bring and Buy stand..   and the highlights were:

  1. Sneaking off to speak to Martin at Warbases..   for once their quality control slipped up on the Roman Grain Store I purchased at Skelp, the variations in their supplies of MDF weren't picked up,  and the tabs didn't go in the slots.. arrgghhhh.. some filing later I still had a lovely model, and when I let Martin know, I scored a nice substantial discount on a tram. Thanks Martin. great guys to do business with, they really are good people. Go buy lots of stuff from them.
  2. Having a chat with some blokes who laughed at me being the overweight middle-aged/elderly guy with the humorous t-shirt that I posted on the Too Fat Lardies Yahoo group. Well spotted guys.
  3. Respect for the guy who bought the analysis on interred bodies at Towton, way to go for taking the hobby seriously.  
  4. Meeting Michael - from Supreme Littleness Designs, buying some of his stuff and being well impressed by the finished articles he had with him. Another good trader.
  5. Seeing some great layouts. My personal favourite was the Carlist Wars Sharp Practice layout, excellent terrain, great painting on the figures, and friendly guys around the table.
  6. The smile on the face of the East Neuk guy coming up to pick up not one, but two prizes for their table and layout - top effort, and the genuine delight in winning was lovely to see.
  7. The headmaster of the school getting schooled about wargaming. She did a really top job, utterly bemused but looked like she was having fun.
  8. Grabbing the box next to the door, chucking the French Aeronef and the Cold War Danes into the painting comp, and coming away with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in three different categories!
So here's the pics..











The winning (ok.. err.. second place.. Danish Cold War)

4 comments:

  1. Ah jealous much - there is a wargaming club here and I should involve myself more but it is the shows that I truly miss and being able to display your hard work relaxing over a hot brush!

    Well done on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd and I guess the lady in yellow was the school hea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The East Neuk game was a lot of fun - I am sure that I will be playing it again at future shows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little show I always enjoy going to Kirriemuir 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye a great day oot...more Essen pics on Glasgow Warhogs blog if you want to more WW2 28mm stuff. Thanks to Targe organisers.

    ReplyDelete