Why is this here..


A Lead Odyssey is about my hobby, collecting, painting and playing with toy soldiers. It will cover the various rulesets I use, the figures I am painting (very slowly), and some games. Thanks to Harry Pearson for the Achtung Schweinehund reference. The uniform jacket in the picture was adapted from a safari suit, the weapon is a wooden sub-machine gun made by me and my dad. Cool eh?

I play a range of scales, rules and periods.. scales are anything from 6mm, through 15mm to 28mm for little men, but I also use 1/1200 for Napoleonic Naval, and 1/3000 for Pre-Dreadnought period Naval.

My tastes are eclectic, but I have avoided most 'Fantasy' Games for a few years, as I couldn't get into the usual suspects for Fantasy Battles, and didn't have a decent group to play role-playing style games.

Saturday, 21 November 2015

WIP - More 100YW

I managed to source one more pack of Corvus Belli 100 Years War Knights, so together with my command packs, I have enough for another seven elements, three of which will be command stands, two for Scots allies, and one for a French ally.

So I elected to paint up the horse barding first, as this will then let me easily match up the riders, rather than having to continually refer to my chart of shields and names.

The army will eventually represent the Scots forces in France circa 1424 but I have also mixed in some of the companions of Joan of Arc and Scots forces present at Orleans c 1429.

Speedie, Butchart & Fraser

Johnson, Anderson & Walker

Maxwell, Murray and Bruce

French: Coutes, Culant and Gaucort

French Command: Alencon & Giresme

Scottish Command: Graham & Keith

Scottish Command: Scrymgeour & Douglas

1 comment:

  1. I would be very surprised if a company producing figures requested that you remove any links to their products unless you were casting aspersions as to the companies business model. Genuine reviews of products comes within the fair use of copyrighted products and is exempt from normal reproduction restrictions. Well at least in the UK it is!

    ReplyDelete