Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

The Red Banner Fleet gets Wet

Or at least the basing progresses to the point where I actually quite like the look of these guys.

I had washed the plain bases with GW Blue Ink, and then slapped a load of acrylic gel on, using an old brush and schlepping some wave patterns in.


The gel is white when wet - and dries glossy clear, but while wet, gives you a really good idea of how the finished drybrush will look.


Of course, there has to be a bow-wave when you are charging towards the Imperialistic Capitalist Running Dogs at 30 Knots!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I've just had a brilliant idea for my spray turntable - thin metal sheet - cover it with Glad Wrap (TM) before spraying. All my figures have magnetic bases now before undercoating so it should work a treat at keeping everything stable.

    I think a brilliant idea has just popped up!

    Oh, and the ships are looking nice too mate :-)

    ReplyDelete