Monday, 17 June 2013

Basing the Red Banner Fleet

Ok, so I decided I was going with some decently thick bases.. two principal reasons.. 

1. It would make handling the base easier, rather than damaging the models.

2. It would give me a good way to add labels to the models.

So off I went to Eckerslys, which is convenient as it is next to the Medical Centre. The upside is every time I get sick and have to go to the Doctor, I come home with all sorts of new paints, craft materials etc...  the downside is every time I get sick and have to go to the Doctor, I come home with all sorts of new paints, craft materials etc... 

Thomo had sent me a sample of the material he was using for his basing, but I couldn't locate any, so I thought I would go for the old foam/card sandwich material. It has one drawback, which is that unless you cut it with a very sharp knife, it will 'tear' along the internal polystyrene.

So here is is...   

Next step is to add labels, then matt lacquer these. Following that, a wash of green ink on the bases to add depth, paint on the acrylic compound scrunch for waves, and drybrush white... 

No comments:

Post a Comment