Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

FoF First Impressions

Ian FF at the club was kind enough to take me through a Force on Force game at the club tonight, the first scenario in the rulebook set in Fallujah. I have read and reread the rules and ended up confusing myself utterly, so it was great to have him take me through it. Ian kindly supplied the terrain (and very nice too) dice and all the figures..  I just showed up, pawed through my rulebook and kept having Eureka moments. For a complex rulebook, the basic mechanics of the game are really simple, but seem to be very effective. The layout of the rulebook however is less than ideal.

Ian's figures are the very nice Caesar 1/72 plastics, and they look really good. If I didn't have so many modern 15mm, I would certainly be considering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment