Pages

Saturday 29 July 2017

'Ere Ron, does this thing have a reverse gear?

So I was down in the local model shop, and they had Zvezda 1/100 (15mm) in stock..   and there was this model staring at me...  well.. it would be rude not to? And I built a 15mm Sherman for my nephew...


Ok, so I just bought it to play with late war colour schemes. It's massive. Even in 15mm it's a big model.

And I have to congratulate Zvezda, it's fantastic design and model making. Admittedly it is a fairly simple shape, but it just fits!

For anyone who tried to put together 1960's Airfix designs, the engineering tolerances and mold quality are outstanding - hat's off to Zvezda, I have a number of their figures and models, and they are outstanding. To be fair, the very latest Airfix kits are pretty impressive.

I shall post further updates as paint gets laid down...

2 comments: