Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Just one more little tank...

So I started building the ESCI Panzer I kit. I understand from the On the Way website that the model itself has a number of issues. Care factor?  Not a lot. It's a very cute kit other than the ESCI rubber band tracks, and these have now aged to be stiff and very difficult to apply. The decals themselves have also had it, but I can source some from my Skytrex decal hoard. It was so tiny, I thought I would check it against the PSC Universal Carrier..   here's the glamour shot...


Tracks still to be wrestled on..  probably going to involve clothes pegs and lots of cyanocrylate. Quite possibly a fair bit of swearing too...

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Esci tracks from a bazillion years ago when the moulds and models were new and they were crap to put on then (these are the pre-super-glue days). First secret was to let the glue that attached the wheels dry and cure for about a week otherwise the elastic band tracks would bend them on their posts and in some cases, snap them off.

    Heating the tracks in hot water helped get them on but the final problem was still gluing a plastic that was not designed to be glued.

    Last step in building was to place on the ground outside, tracks detached (sort like in your picture above), and then burn the tank, pretending it had been hit by a 2-pdr round :-)

    ReplyDelete