Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

Air Support - BKCII - NW Europe

So it is probably a result of too many re-runs of 'A Bridge Too Far', but I just can't visualise a British Late War force without serious air support..   and to me, that means rocket-carrying Typhoons in a taxi rank, just waiting for Joe Vandeleur to whistle them up... 

Ok, so it's 11th Armoured, and it is more likely to be Brigadier Harvey of 29th Armoured Brigade, but you get the picture. So here's the 11th's RAF chums. Just ready to take out that concealed AT gun.

Models are Raiden, but interestingly, their catalogue says 'Tempest' - and the pictures are labelled 'Typhoon'. I'm not fussy...  in 1/285, close enough for me. I did invasion stripes, as I just think they look cool.

Raiden Tempest/Typhoon.
I really like these models, they are unfussy, don't need assembly, and for me, capture the 'look' of the aircraft I remember from Commando comics. Looking at the closeups, I can see the fuselage invasion stripes are not quite right, but I am not sure if I can correct it now.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the "Death from Above!"Just launched my own blog: The Amateur Military Historian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg.. and I looked at your blog. Bice work, but may I make a request? I find the grey text on a black background very difficult to read....

    ReplyDelete